- n the organization of information according to preset specifications (usually for computer processing)
- n the general appearance of a publication
- v set (printed matter) into a specific format
- v determine the arrangement of (data) for storage and display (in computer science)
- v divide (a disk) into marked sectors so that it may store data
Please format this disk before entering data!
- PTI Magazine can format the text of articles to include any or all photographs, graphics, or illustrations, as well as the PTI logo andor PTI cover in any size and location.
- You use software to edit it before turning it into the compressed MPEG format for DVD burning.
- When you click Export, your editing program will list the format choices, and, hopefully, also guide you on which format is appropriate to which action, listing picture resolutions .
News & Articles
- All Caps Format Dropped By US Navy, 160 Years Of Shouting Over
The all caps, or uppercase, format standard in all US Navy communications is to be officially done away with, as announced, ironically, in an all caps Navy dispatch this week. With text-based communication so much a part of our daily lives, internet savvy users tend to see the use of all caps as a breach [...] All Caps Format Dropped By US Navy, 160 Years Of Shouting Over is a post from: The ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- InfoTrends Study Reveals that Digitally Printed Wide Format Graphics are Critical Part of the Communications Mix
InfoTrends’ "Wide Format Printing: A Critical Element in the Communications Mix" provides a critical insight into who buys wide format graphics, what they buy, and why they buy. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10828358.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- U.S. Navy ditches ALL CAPS message format
Well, it seems the U.S. Navy finally got the memo: DON'T USE ALL CAPS! IT'S RUDE! The Navy is switching to a new messaging system that's cheaper and more efficient. And oh yeah, one that does away with a century-old practice: communications using all uppercase letters. "Lowercase messages are here to stay; they provide a more readable format," a Navy news release said, citing James McCarty, the ...
June 13, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Simon Baron-Cohen in San Jose Mercury News
To teach autistic children something they find difficult, we needed an autism-friendly format,Baron-Cohen said.
- David Plouffe in Boston Globe (registration)
Obama's campaign manager David Plouffe responded, "Barack Obama won a resounding victory in John McCain's favorite debate format because he made the case for change that will rebuild the middle class. The American people asked tough questions...