- v give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority
She ordered him to do the shopping
- v make a request for something
- v issue commands or orders for
- v bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations
- v bring order to or into
- v place in a certain order
- v appoint to a clerical posts
- v arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events
- v assign a rank or rating to
- a having a systematic arrangement; especially having elements succeeding in order according to rule
an ordered sequence
- a disposed or placed in a particular kind of order
- a marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts
- While in office Daley, who shut down the lakefront airport Miegs Field in a bald power play to create a big park, has ordered that the heads of all city departments make their .
- Questioned about whether Eitan ordered the killings, Biro said last week, "Ask him.
- Villalobos created a major scandal in revolutionary circles in 1975 when he ordered the execution of a well-known Communist poet, Roque Dalton Garca, on trumped-up charges of .
News & Articles
- Couple Ordered From Condemned House Denied Deposit Refund
A Council Bluffs couple has been told they're in danger. The city ordered them to immediately vacate a rental house, though the landlord refuses to return their deposit.
June 13, 2013 - WOWT Omaha
- Ordered to jail, man makes brief break in Orleans
A man in a New Orleans courtroom for a hearing bolted for freedom when a judge ordered him to jail. The Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office identified the man as Colin Bess Jr. The 28-year-old man was in court Monday for a bond violation hearing. When a judge ruled Bess in violation of his bond and ordered him to jail, Bess allegedly ran out of the courtroom and out of the courthouse. The incident ...
June 11, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Insurer ordered to pay $20M to auto body shops
A judge has ordered The Hartford insurance company to pay $20 million to auto body shops for an unfair trade practice related to hourly labor rates for vehicle repairs.
June 11, 2013 - Journal Inquirer
- Samuel Alito in BusinessWeek
It is clear that the framers and ratifiers of the 14th Amendment counted the right to keep and bear arms among those fundamental rights necessary to our system of ordered liberty,Alito wrote.
- Muqtada al-Sadr in TIME
Alluding to reports that Iraqi Army and police were fighting alongside US forces against his Mahdi Army fighters in the town of Diwaniyah, Sadr said, "Don't walk alongside the occupiers, because they are your archenemy...... God has ordered you to...
- Dr Phil McGraw in New York Post
Clearly, it is not just Britney's family struggling to find a way to protect adult children who cannot be ordered or compelled to seek help,McGraw said in a statement to "Entertainment Tonight," which is produced and distributed by the same...