- v take into custody
- v hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
- v attract and fix
- v cause to stop
- s commanding attention
an arresting drawing of people turning into animals
- But arresting Mousavi, Khomeini's political scion, would be akin to arresting Thomas Jefferson.
- Set in Depression-era America, this astonishing exercise in Magic Realism is both an arresting spin on romantic comedy conventions and a light, lovely meditation on the cost of .
- And arresting 75 or 200 is nothing.
News & Articles
- Police: Man tells officer he has nude pics of teen on phone
A man that told a police officer arresting him that he would be in a lot more trouble if police saw what was on his phone got in more trouble when police saw what was on his phone.
June 21, 2013 - FOX 25 Boston
- 9 arrested in meth raid
Police converged on a rural Noble County home Friday morning, arresting nine people in a search for drugs, guns, cash and surveillance equipment.
June 21, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Police arrest 2 suspects for alleged car burglaries
Des Moines police say they have broken up a car break-in ring, arresting two people believed to be responsible for burglarizing dozens of vehicles around the metro area.
June 21, 2013 - The Des Moines Register
- Barack Obama in Atlantic Online
The Cambridge police "acted stupidly in arresting someone when there was already proof that they were in their own home," Obama said, which became the front page headline on today's Boston Globe.
- Chris Dodd in ABC News
Under your leadership, the Fed has taken extraordinary actions to right the economy,said Dodd. "These efforts played, in my view, a very significant role in arresting the financial crisis."
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
There is coordination between us and the (US-led) Multinational Forces (that) started at the beginning of this year ...... to determine who should be arrested and the reasons behind arresting them,Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki told The...