displace : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to move, usually with force or pressure
the refugees were displaced by the war
- v take the place of or have precedence over
- v terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- v cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense
- Fires in Arizona and California consume thousands of acres and displace hundreds of people.
- Fires in Arizona and California consume thousands of acres and displace hundreds of people Afghanistan Today Photographers Alexandra Boulat, James Nachtwey and John Stanmeyer look .
- Raging fires in Colorado displace residents and approaches Denver city limits.
News & Articles
- The Pinochet Miracle: 25 Years Ago, Chile Said ‘No’ to a Brutal Dictator, and He Went Away
Frank Greer has more than 35 years of experience as a political consultant and advocacy expert serving major foundations, public interest groups and labor organizations. In 1987, he traveled to Chile to collaborate on a grassroots campaign that helped displace military dictator Augusto Pinochet, and would 25 years later become the basis for the Participant Media film No.
June 25, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Video: Floods displace nearly 200,000 in western Canada
Record rainfall, combined with snowmelt from the Canadian Rockies, have caused unprecedented flooding in Calgary, Canada's third largest city, and displaced nearly 200,000 people from their homes. Andrea Lucia reports.
June 22, 2013 - CBS News
- Worthington to close Medina, NY, operations
Worthington Industries Inc. said Friday that it will close its BernzOmatic hand torch manufacturing operations in Medina, N.Y., in a move that may displace 174 workers. The company said it plans to consolidate ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Arlen Specter in Town Hall
I do believe that it is a matter of importance,Specter said. "It's not going to displace the stimulus package or the Iraq war, but I think the integrity of football is very important, and I think the National Football League has a special...
- Charles Grassley in Reuters
More and more it appears that companies are using H-1B visas to displace qualified, American workers,Grassley said in a statement.
- Pat Haden in eTaiwan News
USC has had a phenomenal run of excellence the last seven, eight years under Pete Carroll,Haden said. "But I don't think anyone's going to displace Notre Dame as college football's institutional brand."