- v bring to an end or halt
The attack on Poland terminated the relatively peaceful period after WW I
- v have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed
- v be the end of; be the last or concluding part of
- v terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
The company terminated 25% of its workers
- Left horribly disfigured and in frequent torment from incurable tumors that amassed in her sinuses and skull, Sbire's plea that doctors be allowed to legally terminate her .
- The Colombian Government announces its decision to terminate the contract with Burson-Marsteller.
- Beasley claims that Wheeler and Berman's lawyer, who declined to comment, presented her with two options: to terminate one fetus as requested or terminate both and still get paid.
News & Articles
- RUSS to terminate delinquent services
MT. PLEASANT — People aren’t paying up, and the Regional Utilities Service Systems (RUSS) is getting fed up with it. RUSS passed a resolution Wednesday allowing them to send termination sewer service notices to RUSS users who are not paying their bills. Resolution 21-13 authorizes RUSS executive director Bruce Hudson to terminate services to individual users who have an account 60 days or more ...
June 14, 2013 - Washington Evening Journal
- KCC chief out of job after caustic audit, KOMA issue
A motion to terminate the executive director of the Kansas Corporation Commission failed for lack of a second the day before her departure was announced.
June 14, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- Notice to terminate a tenancy can't be delivered by email
A landlord's decision to send a notice to terminate a tenancy solely by email does not meet the requirements for properly serving a 60-day notice. Question: I own several apartment properties in my city. I find it very convenient to use email to communicate with my tenants, and they seem to enjoy the ease of using the same method to reply to me. There is no rent control or just cause ordinance ...
June 10, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- David Stern in SportingNews.com
Suffice to say, we would have liked to have terminated him earlier, but our understanding was the investigation would best be aided if we did not terminate Mr. Donaghy,Stern said.
- Gene Upshaw in Wall Street Journal
When we negotiated this deal we had two stop points that you could decide to terminate, either side,Mr. Upshaw said. "Obviously, the owners have decided to take this termination early. We expected it. But it means that there is football...
- Duncan Hunter in Forbes
In my view, we would be well advised to terminate the planned buy of 322 Lakota helicopters and purchase instead additional Blackhawk helicopters,Hunter said in a letter this week to Army Secretary Pete Geren.