- v to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
- v construct a theory about
Galileo theorized the motion of the stars
- v form or construct theories
he thinks and theorizes all day
- As for oral sex, it's tempting to theorize, as James Wagoner of the Washington-based nonprofit organization Advocates for Youth does, that the abstinence-only movement hasn't .
- Her investigative work showed that when prostitutes were arrested, they all seemed to have the same lawyers, bondsmen and alibis, leading her to theorize that prostitution was an .
- She's not the first person to theorize that the universe has hidden dimensions, but she revolutionized the field by suggesting that an extra dimension could be infinitely large and .
News & Articles
- In Thrilling Night of Showtime Wars, was Floyd Mayweather the Straw that Stirred the Drink?
COMMENTARY | Something awesome happened Saturday night on Showtime as co-featured main events, one at welterweight and one at junior middleweight, produced truly memorable action that left fans buzzing. And one can't help but theorize that the wars carried out at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California were all the more brutal because of where the winners may end up--- at the front of the ...
June 9, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in CNN
I'll leave it up to the pundits to theorize on that,Obama responded. "I would point out that John McCain, after he won the nomination, met with all the leaders that I am meeting with, that he has made speeches in Colombia and Canada and...
- Joe Bastardi in msnbc.com
In this "untreaded water ...... it's tough to theorize about what would happen," said Joe Bastardi, chief long-range hurricane forecaster with AccuWeather.com.
- Bobby Bowden in Orlando Sentinel
You know, you can theorize about it,Coach Bobby Bowden said, "and there's some coaches [who] would have one opinion, 'I want 'em to know early ...... and there's some [who might say], 'Let's hold it late where they all are involved in it,...