- v fill with terror; frighten greatly
- The valley of Elah is where the Philistines sent out their Goliath to terrify the Israelites, and where young David felled the giant with his trusty slingshot.
- But the sender had not included a power source, which indicated to investigators that the Bishop, meant to terrify, not kill at least not yet.
- It's unlikely to kill 10,000 people, but any bomb that killed people and set off Geiger counters would terrify a whole city.
News & Articles
- Photos: Dawes @ 9:30 Club
Playing a sold-out show at the 9:30 Club could terrify a young band. But last night, Dawes proved that it's got an old enough soul to capably handle the task.
June 20, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Coulter: If the GOP is this stupid, it deserves to die
Democrats terrify Hispanics into thinking they'll be lynched if they vote for Republicans, and then turn around and taunt Republicans for not winning a majority of the Hispanic vote. This line of attack has real resonance with our stupidest Republicans.
June 17, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Bill Clinton in NEWS.GNOM.ES
This is about using you and manipulating your vote to terrify members of Congress and members of the Senate from other states,President Clinton warned the crowd.
- Salam Fayyad in Palestine Media Center
Similarly, Salam Fayyad, the Palestinian Prime Minister in Abbas's government, said in a statement from his office Monday: "Senior officials in Hamas ordered these crimes which were carried out by the Hamas militia in order to terrify the people...
- President Felipe CalderÃ³n in Forbes
Today, crime is trying to terrify and immobilize the public and the government,Calderon said in a Friday speech before invited guests at a Mexico City concert hall. "The lack of public safety threatens everybody and has become the main...