- v coerce by violence or with threats
- v fill with terror; frighten greatly
- As it is, the mad genius, whom investigators tagged as the University and Airline Bomber, would terrorize the country for nearly two decades.
- The nascent democratic movements in Muslim countries will regress for a few decades as ruling autocrats use their participation in the global war against terrorism to terrorize .
- The visits are repeated nightly; and if kind words fail, threats are used, and occasionally an assassination is committed to terrorize the petty chieftains into submission.
News & Articles
- Of Biker Gangs & Bars: Bushwick Tenants’ Never-ending Fight Against Lousy Landlord Gets More Ridiculous
(Street View) The tenants of 13 Thames St. in Williamsburg have the worst luck. A year ago, their landlord allegedly hired a biker gang to terrorize them out of their apartment, which, we must admit, is one of the more novel ways to kick people out. Now — amidst an unlawful eviction and tenant harassment case — the tenants’ say their landlord has gone and outdone himself again. According to ...
June 14, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Steven Seagal in 680 News
False FBI accusations fuelled thousands of articles saying that I terrorize journalists and associate with the Mafia,Seagal told the Times in an interview published Friday. "These kinds of inflammatory allegations scare studio heads and...
- Richard Goldstone in Tehran Times
The report by South African Judge Richard Goldstone said the war was "a deliberately disproportionate attack designed to punish, humiliate and terrorize a civilian population, radically diminish its local economic capacity both to work and to...
- Fuad Saniora in Kansas City Star
Assassinations will not terrorize us,Siniora said. "We will not let the criminal killers control our fate."