cease : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') end
- v put an end to a state or an activity
- v have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- The cease-fire between India and Pakistan last week passed into its sixth tense week with not the slightest prospect for a settlement.
- One of Pakistan's most notorious militant leaders, Baitullah Mehsud, has declared a cease-fire in the troubled Waziristan region bordering Afghanistan.
- Yet in the cease-fire announcement the militia explicitly reserved the right to hold onto its weapons.
News & Articles
- Fear Not: Charitable Breast Showcasers @KUBoobs Will Not Cease Twitter Operations
KU Boobs has been ordered to cease and desist by The University of Kansas by June 12, 2013. The tweet was a gut punch, like a beloved TV show getting canceled by network fat cats.
June 12, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Peak Announces Lifting of Cease Trade Order Limited to Management
Peak Positioning Technologies Inc. today announced that the cease trade order limited to management imposed on May 1, 2013 by the Autorite des marches financiers, the Company's principal regulator, due ...
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Italy Set to Cease Granting Tariffs for New Solar Project
Italy, the second-largest market for solar-power, will cease granting feed-in tariffs for new installations after July 6 because its subsidy program has reached its budget cap.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Condoleezza Rice in Philippine Star
Rice said she hoped European countries would work out similar bilateral agreements with Israel to "bring into being a durable cease-fire, a cease-fire that can actually hold."
- Ehud Olmert in FOXNews
This morning some of them continued their fire, provoking what we had warned of,Olmert said. "This cease-fire is fragile and we must examine it minute by minute, hour by hour."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in BBC News
Not some settlements, not outposts, not natural growth exceptions,Mrs Clinton said. "We think it is in the best interest of the effort that we are engaged in that settlement expansion cease."