- v continue a certain state, condition, or activity
We continued to work into the night
- v continue talking
I know it's hard," he continued, "but there is no choice
- v keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last
continue the family tradition
- v move ahead; travel onward in time or space
She continued in the direction of the hills
- v allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature
We cannot continue several servants any longer
- v do something repeatedly and showing no intention to stop
We continued our research into the cause of the illness
- v continue after an interruption
The demonstration continued after a break for lunch
- v continue in a place, position, or situation
She continued as deputy mayor for another year
- v span an interval of distance, space or time
The Archipelago continues for another 500 miles
- v exist over a prolonged period of time
The bad weather continued for two more weeks
News & Articles
- Smartphones Continue to Dominate the Mobile Market
NEW YORK -- Consumers continue to upgrade their cell phones to smartphones, according to new Nielsen research. More than three out of five mobile subscribers in the United States (61 percent) owned a smartphone during the most recent three-month period (March through May) -- up more than 10 percent since smartphones became the mobile majority in early 2012, according to the research firm.
June 21, 2013 - Convenience Store News
- Burglaries continue in Mountain View
Residential burglaries continue to be a problem in Mountain View, with four burglaries and one attempted break-in over a three-day period, according to police reports.
June 20, 2013 - Mountain View Voice
- TIPS ETFs Continue Slide Before $7 Billion Treasury Auction
Bond ETF investors continue to scale back their inflation expectations on more signs the Federal Reserve may pump the brakes on its monetary stimulus. The iShares TIPS Bond ETF (NYSEArca: TIP) was down ...
June 20, 2013 - ETF Trends via Yahoo! Finance
- David Petraeus in Washington Post
Protecting those we are here to help nonetheless does require killing, capturing, or turning the insurgents. We will not shrink from that; indeed, you have been taking the fight to the enemy and we will continue to do so,he added.
- Oscar Tabarez in The Associated Press
From minute one he had a problem,Tabarez said. "I'm not dumb enough to take him out at 3-1 when the match wasn't lost. He was injured and could not continue."
- Timothy Geithner in AFP
We will closely and regularly monitor the appreciation of the renminbi and will continue to work towards expanded US export opportunities in China that support employment in the United States, in close consultation with Congress,he said.