- n a domain that seems to be specially reserved for someone
medicine is no longer a male preserve
- n a reservation where animals are protected
- n fruit preserved by cooking with sugar
- v keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last
preserve the peace in the family
- v keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
We preserve these archeological findings
- v to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
- v prevent (food) from rotting
- v maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
- v keep undisturbed for personal or private use for hunting, shooting, or fishing
preserve the forest and the lakes
- But Helen was positive that the Chief Justice had said "preserve, maintain and defend," not "preserve, maintain and protect.
- Do we preserve the loner ideal as an act of national defensiveness, to protect the country from conceding that it is too much alone in the world?.
- We can do something to preserve our planet.
News & Articles
- Carmel Valley students present unique Carmel Mountain Preserve findings
Students at Ocean Air Elementary in Carmel Valley presented their unique year-long research findings on the Carmel Mountain Preserve. Twenty-seven fourth graders walked portions of the 300-acre preserve every Friday for the entire school year with their teacher, parent guides and, at times, a city park ranger. The study was led by fourth grade teacher and science enthusiast Tanya Lubomudrov.
June 13, 2013 - Del Mar Times
- Giglio, Gabrielsen float new plan to preserve Sound Avenue parcel
Two Riverhead Town Board members who oppose a plan by Suffolk County to purchase 15 acres of land on Sound Avenue as open space now say they would support a move by the county to preserve the property as farmland instead.
June 13, 2013 - The Riverhead News-Review
- Union Gas helps preserve natural resources in Waterloo Region
Union Gas helps preserve natural resources in Waterloo Region
June 12, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- Virgil Goode in ABC News
In his letter, Goode wrote that strict immigration polices are necessary "to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America."
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
America relies on a strong public health system, and the work at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is critical to our mission to preserve and protect the health and safety of our citizens,Obama said in a statement issued this...
- President Bush in BBC News
This is an essential short-term measure to ensure the viability of America's banking system,Mr Bush said. "This is not intended to take over the free market, but to preserve it."