maintain : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"
- v keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
- v supply with necessities and support
- v state categorically
- v have and exercise
- v maintain for use and service
- v maintain by writing regular records
maintain a record
- v state or assert
He maintained his innocence
- v support against an opponent
- v stick to correctly or closely
- If you can't maintain a conversation and your heart is beating rapidly, then you've probably crossed into vigorous.
- Part of this is out of necessity: to maintain a high circulation, she must appeal to as broad an audience as possible.
- Photographer Anthony Suau documents the surging influence of the drug cartels in Northern Mexico and the efforts by police to maintain law and order.
News & Articles
- Fed May Just Maintain Purchases, Says Chandler of Brown Brothers
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke will probably say tomorrow after a central-bank meeting that policy makers will maintain current bond purchases until improvement in the economy changes their mind, said Marc Chandler of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
June 18, 2013 - Bloomberg
- How To Clean and Maintain Your Gas Grill with Sean Buino
The smell of a grill is a summertime staple in Chicago. On this Weekend Workbench project, Sean Buino, owner of Dad’s Handyman Service on Southport, shows exactly how to maintain your unit to keep it grilling like new whether it’s …
June 18, 2013 - WGN TV Chicago
- Las Vegas Sands Kept at Neutral
We maintain our Neutral recommendation on Las Vegas Sands.
June 18, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Carlos Dunga in The Associated Press
We didn't expect this,he said. "We know that any World Cup match is about 90 minutes. In the first half we were able to play better and we weren't able to maintain that rhythm in the second half."
- Keith Urban in TheShowBuzz
In a statement released by his publicists, Urban says the incident was "the result of one person's desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy."
- Gordon Brown in Reuters
It is to make Britain safe and the rest of the world safe that we must make sure we honour our commitment to maintain a free and stable Afghanistan,Brown said.