- n the part of a song where a soloist is joined by a group of singers
- v resist doing something
He refrained from hitting him back
- v choose not to consume
- In a heartbreaking refrain I heard repeatedly during my stay in the camp, he adds, "America must save us.
- Their alternative anthem, God Save the Queen with its reference to "her fascist regime" and "no future" refrainwas released as the country celebrated the 25th anniversary of .
- It pledged the signers to exert "all lawful means" toward reversing the Supreme Court's desegregation decision, and it appealed to Southerners "to scrupulously refrain from .
News & Articles
- U.N. rights forum condemns Hezbollah role in Syria
By Stephanie Nebehay GENEVA (Reuters) - The U.N. Human Rights Council on Friday condemned the use of all foreign fighters in Syria's civil war, including Lebanese Hezbollah militants backing the government, but stopped short of calling for a halt to the flow of arms. The Geneva forum adopted a resolution brought by Arab and Western powers, urging all parties to refrain from contributing to a ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- 0 comments
The Valley News has tightened its policy regarding comments. While we invite you to contribute your opinions and thoughts, we request that you refrain from using vulgar or obscene words and post only comments that directly pertain to the specific topic of the story or article.
June 14, 2013 - The Temecula Valley News
- Editorial: Pay hikes of the past come back to haunt county
It was a familiar refrain. If Sacramento County were to cut his budget by the $10 million initially proposed, Sheriff Scott Jones warned that he would be forced to cut already dangerously thin deputy patrols.
June 13, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Mike Slive in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Coach Mullen has violated the Southeastern Conference Code of Ethics,SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said. "SEC Bylaw 10.5.4 clearly states that coaches, players and support personnel shall refrain from all public criticism of officials."
- Muqtada al-Sadr in TIME
I initially thought it prudent to refrain from taking immediate action because of the pendency of a criminal investigation involving the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia and the Metropolitan Police Department, and... David Stern http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Stern&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGIAMcpNLVMdBMZyP1MwrbIQwXPUw NBA.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/01/06/arenas.suspended/%3Fls%3Diref:nbahpt1&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHjr0j5Hh3lRiXtdET2BpbB0zw8gQ Jan 6, 2010
81798 109667 refrain So I am giving my final warning ...... to the Iraqi government ...... to take the path of peace and abandon violence against its people," al- Sadr said. "If the government does not refrain ...... we will declare an open war until...