desist : Definition, Usages, News and More
- After an Ann Arbor retailer he worked with was served a cease-and-desist order, a co-op member offered her nearby home as a new pickup site.
- If it is an affirmative decision, FTC then issues a cease--desist order, which is a sort of informal injunction.
- That status quo now consists of a full-bore pursuit of a nuclear-weapons program despite a pledge to cease and desist at the so-called six-party talks held during the Bush .
- Neelie Kroes in Reuters.uk
Microsoft must now comply fully with its legal obligations to desist from engaging in anti-competitive conduct. The Commission will do its utmost to ensure that Microsoft complies swiftly, Kroes said in a statement.
- Joe Biden in Bernama
We're determined to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. And we're working with many countries around the world to convince Teheran to meet international obligations and cease and desist,Biden told a joint news conference with Israeli...
- Jalal Talabani in 940 News
We have appealed to the PKK to desist fighting and to transform themselves from military organizations into civilian and political ones,Talabani said. "But if they (the PKK) insist on the continuation of fighting, they should leave...