haywire : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wire for tying up bales of hay
- s informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
- s not functioning properly
has gone completely haywire
- Bailing OutSir:Your spelling PTI, April 18 of baling wire as "bailing wire" is haywire.
- Who could dream up a better example of political correctness gone haywire? Or a better episode of Boy Meets World? Johnathan Prevette met the world last week, and the world--or at .
- There's a lot of people who know that the Government goes haywire in a lot of respects.
News & Articles
- Amateur science project goes boom, sends man to hospital
KENDALL, Wash. — A haywire backyard science project exploded Wednesday, sending one Whatcom County man to Harborview Medical Center. According to the Bellingham Herald, a 44-year-old man was conducting an amateur science project in a two-story shed just after midnight …
June 13, 2013 - Q13 FOX Seattle
- San Onofre nuke plant to close after bitter fight
The demise of California's San Onofre nuclear power plant began with an attempt to fix it. A $670 million equipment swap in 2009 and 2010 went haywire, leaving Southern California Edison on Friday with ...
June 8, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! Finance
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Forbes
If we can make profits in a matter of hours, we can also have huge losses,said President Nicolas Sarkozy during a visit to India. "We must stop with this system that has gone haywire and that has lost track of its aim."
- David Letterman in Newsweek
Letterman called McCain "a true American hero" but told his viewers: "This is not the John McCain I know, by God. It makes me believe something is going haywire with the campaign."
- Dale Sveum in International Herald Tribune
A real nice day kind of went haywire right away,Sveum said. "You're running out of games. It gets to the point, whatever the Mets do, you start thinking you have to win seven out of nine or eight out of nine. That's what it's getting to."