bonkers : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
- I find it bonkers, by the way! I visited New York last fall to do a surprise live Rickroll as part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Colin Chapman, the founding engineer of Lotus, was bonkers for weight savings.
- Parents have long observed that some kids go bonkers after eating foods with a lot of artificial ingredients or neon-bright colors.
News & Articles
- Metropolis 2.0: Here's the World's First Zero-Carbon City, Now Underway
Photo via Inhabitat With so many bonkers, never-going-to-actually-happen plans for future cities—air-borne amoebas or stone piles, anybody?—it's oddly refreshing to come across an idealistic pop-up city that, you know, actually exists. In real life. Such is the case for Foster...
June 13, 2013 - Curbed
- Police Just Raided the Complex Where Rob Ford's Video Might've Been Stashed
Just before dawn on Thursday morning, the authorities raided the sketchy apartment northwest Toronto complex where the mayor's (alleged!) crack-smoking video may have been stashed — and where rival Somali drug gangs have reportedly been at political war with each other over the missing tape, fake videos starring a Ford lookalike named Slurpy and all. This is getting bonkers.
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire
- Architectural Craziness: Another day, another bonkers proposal for...
Another day, another bonkers proposal for bobbing architecture: Qatar has, uh, floated the idea of floating hotels to accommodate the influx of visitors during the 2022 World Cup. A $5.5M development designed by Sigge Architects, a Finnish firm, could accommodate...
June 11, 2013 - Curbed
- Tina Fey in Los Angeles Times
Election time is always good for ['SNL'], and this is a bonkers election,Fey tells TV Guide in the upcoming issue with "30 Rock's" Alec Baldwin on the cover.
- Cate Blanchett in The West Australian
Maybe it's just me being slightly perverse, but I think I always accept roles I can't do,Blanchett explained. "But, yes, the (prospect of playing) Bob Dylan is bonkers."
- Harry Redknapp in Goal.com
On the contentious issue of going back in football, Redknapp said: "Well, I went back to Portsmouth. People told me I was mad, that I had to be stark raving bonkers to return after all the bad feeling when I left the club. Portsmouth were near the...