loony : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone deranged and possibly dangerous
- s informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
- David Davis acted like a loony by throwing his toys out of his pram, so it was up to us to take a semi-serious platform, as he'd stolen our loony one," says Warner.
- Meyssan defiantly dismisses the universally accepted version of the 911 tragedy as "a loony fable" patched together by the White House and the Defense Department "as one lie .
- But there is something alienating about it, maybe because it fails to fulfill its possibly loony intellectual aspirations.
News & Articles
- Expensive Cars May Save You Money
Cars are about to get more expensive. And it's going to save you money. Yes, it sounds loony, but I believe it, because Consumer Reports says so.
June 18, 2013 - ABC News
- New CAFE Standards To Raise New Car Prices Significantly But Will Save You In The Long Run
Cars are about to get more expensive. And it's going to save you money. Yes, it sounds loony, but I believe it, because Consumer Reports says so. This is not a group of people prone to hyperbole, and frankly, that gives them credibility. Take their product ratings.
June 18, 2013 - Auto Spies
- Google’s Balloon-based Internet Dream: Loon or Loony?
Google has always had a thing for balloon-based Internet, blimps and connecting the unconnected. Five years after it first started talking about it, Google is finally launching a seemingly loony project called Project Loon in New Zealand. Will balloon-based Internet finally fly?
June 15, 2013 - GigaOM
- Victoria Beckham in Stuff.co.nz
Victoria, who is married to soccer star David Beckham, said: "I put really thick foot lotion on with socks before I go to sleep. I also use thick hand cream with gloves at the same time. David thinks I'm loony because I get into bed with gloves and...
- Ken Hitchcock in WJACtv.com
It felt bizarre. It was entertaining as hell and wildly exciting and that's probably what it's going to be for a little while -- a few more like this and they are going to put us in the loony bin,Blue Jackets head coach Ken Hitchcock said.
- Nick Minchin in NEWS.com.au
Putting whatever my views might be to one side, I am nevertheless interested in your apparent opinion that anyone who remains to be convinced that anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions are the cause of climate change is a scientific loony,Mr...