kooky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
- Even more troubling was his more than tacit support, during his TV career, of kooky claims and causes.
- The kooky weather people, the upwardly striving anchors, the uncomfortably enthusiastic sportcasters they all come together to make a heady potion that reeks of ambition .
- The result of this fascinating collision is Dogville, for which the notoriously kooky Danish auteur lured a distinguished cast to Scandinavia (he refuses to fly) so they could .
News & Articles
- Review: At the Ojai festival, an erratic dance with the West's composers
The weekend, put together by dancer Mark Morris, focuses on such composers as Henry Cowell and Lou Harrison. Some programs come across better than others. — Reputed to court mavericks, the Ojai Music Festival doesn't always extend a very large welcome mat. But this offbeat weekend, the mat was massive.Attention was drawn to supposedly kooky and bizarrely neglected West Coast composers who happen ...
June 11, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Conan O Brien in Newsweek
Speaking for all late night comedians, O'Brien said, "we're tired of this take on you," and asked the Arizona senator to give them some fresh material. "Do you have a kooky uncle, do you have bad breath, webbed toes, anything?"
- Evan Rachel Wood in Washington Post
The best actors, I just love watching them switch on and off,Wood said. "Michael's kind of quiet, and they would yell `Action!' And all of a sudden, he would just be this crazy, kooky, funny character. There's certain scenes, there was a...
- Tommy Lee in NME.com
I've always loved the animated world,Lee told Variety. "How fun and kooky is this gonna be, to combine some real-life experiences with some seriously over-the-top humor."