barmy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s marked by spirited enjoyment
- s informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
- Or it can be seen for what it is: a barmy injunction to even barmier tourists.
- Others are choosing to separate or divorce but live together until either the house sells or they go stark raving barmy and will sign anything.
- A senior British Cabinet Minister who views her plan as a slap at the successors to the three leaders calls Thatcher's idea "barmy.
News & Articles
- Trott, Barmy Army in Johnson's sights for Ashes
Brisbane (Australia) (AFP) - Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson said on Tuesday he has batsman Jonathan Trott and England's travelling Barmy Army fans in his sights in the Ashes series starting Thursday. The last time England were in Australia in 2010-11, Trott and the England top order took Johnson apart on the field, while the Barmy Army tormented him from the stands at every opportunity.
Nov. 19, 2013 - AFP via Yahoo! News
- World's top underground tourist attractions
Barmy about bunkers? Crazy about caves? These subterranean sights worldwide are for you.
Nov. 18, 2013 - CNN
- Tim Fischer in The Australian
It should be remembered the Barmy Army are `ticket paying', high yield tourists, and should be allowed to sit together within reason and should be given their trumpet back for subsequent tests,Tourism Australia chairman Tim Fischer said....
- Graeme Smith in Sky News
We can use it as motivation,added Smith. "Most of our guys enjoy it and are interested in it. When the 'barmy army' travel to South Africa, there is one of the best cricket atmospheres in the world. Most of those guys usually have a good...
- Dave Whelan in Football365.com
And Whelan added: "If some Arabian fellas or oil-rich sheikhs come in and pay Â£90million for a player, that is totally barmy. If Manchester City come in and offer that I think the game will suffer in the end."