- s characterized by diligent study and fondness for reading
a bookish farmer who always had a book in his pocket
- Not too rich, not too poor; not bookish, but not slow.
- A bookish man with a scholar's habits and a general's tactical instincts, Lenin introduced to the 20th century the practice of taking an all-embracing ideology and imposing it on .
- Since the Oscar deadline coincides with New Year's Eve and a bookish pedigree is a sure way to get Academy members' attention, studios turn to acclaimed novels for their holiday .
News & Articles
- “The Ocean at the End of the Lane”: Neil Gaiman returns
In his first adult novel in eight years, the master of modern fantasy tells the story of a lonely, bookish boy
June 16, 2013 - Salon.com
- Antioch school library tech named district's Classified Employee of the Year
ANTIOCH -- "Read her like a book." The idiom, with a slight pun intended, actually seems to suit Yvonne Lackey. Her passion for reading and all things bookish is clear -- making her a lovely fit for her role as library media tech at Antioch's Jack London Elementary.
June 14, 2013 - Lamorinda Sun
At first blush, Lindsay Good doesn’t come across as the model agent of Hollywood flash. Bookish and bespectacled, the Flathead Valley native is wry and humble, habituated more to the textured crush of an indie rock show or the couth confines of a museum than the glitz and glamor of a red carpet event. She is dear friends with the members of the band The Killers and joined them on the English ...
June 13, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Robert Mugabe in The Zimbabwe Standard
They have this word they like using; 'quasi, quasi, quasi'. But I tell them that this is expenditure that we need,President Mugabe said. "We are under sanctions and there is no room for the type of bookish economics we have at the Ministry...
- Jane Smiley in Canada.com
Margaret loves to read and, as Smiley writes, "the natural thing would be that a bookish girl would teach school."
- Gerard Butler in USA Today
300 star Gerard Butler says he was expecting to meet "this bookish geek who just lived comics."