- v extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle
- v form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- v enclose in or as if in a frame
- v provide with a border or edge
- v lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
- a having a border especially of a specified kind; sometimes used as a combining term
- With its iconic red-bordered cover, PTI has never lost its singular power to convey the significance of a particular person, event, issue or idea.
- The brain, we're finding, is indeed a bordered organ, subdivided into zones and functions.
- It bordered on the sacrilegious to don a Yankees cap when she had been a well-known Chicago Cubs fan.
News & Articles
- Williamsburg Jews Don't Oppose Citi Bikes, Just Scantily Clad Hipsters Who Ride Them
Of the vocal Citi Bike opposition, there is one group the DOT probably thought it appeased quite well: Williamsburg's ultra-Orthodox Jewish population. While much of the neighborhood is slated to receive docking stations, a notable Citi Bike hole has been carved out of a Hasidic enclave bordered roughly by Flushing, Kent and Division avenues— to the relief of many of the area's residents. [ more ...
June 10, 2013 - Gothamist
- Garden tour reflects a renaissance Weston
WESTON, W.Va. -- A quiet street in Weston -- a peninsula, really, as its bordered on three sides by the West Fork River, contains a treasure trove of gardens. Five of the homeowners will open their carefully tended gardens from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 22 ...
June 9, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Community Calendar for the Midlands, June 9
SECOND SUNDAY STROLL: Guided walking tour, 2 p.m. Sunday through the Hollywood-Rose Hill neighborhood; meet at Hollywood Park, 300 S. Gregg St. One of Columbia’s oldest suburbs, the neighborhood is bordered by Heyward and Harden streets, Rosewood Drive and the USC athletic fields. $6; age 17 and younger, $3; Historic Columbia Foundation members, free. Tickets available by calling (803) 252-1770 ...
June 8, 2013 - The State
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Capitol Hill Blue
(AP) -- Democratic Sen. Barack Obama on Tuesday dismissed a voter's suggestion that when Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called him elitist it "bordered on uppity."
- David Trimble in APA
On his warning to Blair, Trimble said: "I just reminded him that the Widgery report of 1972 concluded that the troops' behaviour, to quote from the report, 'bordered on the reckless'. Then I told the prime minister that if you moved from one...
- David Gallop in New Zealand Herald
NRL chief executive David Gallop described the remarks by Bellamy and Waldron as "an unprecedented premeditated attack on the NRL and its judiciary system". "The accusations that they made were irrational, baseless and at times bordered on...