- n British nuclear physicist (born in Germany) honored for his contributions to quantum mechanics (1882-1970)
- v have
- v cause to be born
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- v move while holding up or supporting
- v bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
- v take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- v contain or hold; have within
- v bring in
- v have on one's person
- v behave in a certain manner
- v have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
- v support or hold in a certain manner
- v be pregnant with
- a brought into existence
he was a child born of adultery
- s being talented through inherited qualities
a born musician
- Some princes are born in palaces.
- Ann gave her daughter, who was born in 1970, dolls of every hue: "A pretty black girl with braids, an Inuit, Sacagawea, a little Dutch boy with clogs," says Soetoro-Ng, laughing.
- Recent findings suggest that being born too early may have lasting consequences.
News & Articles
- Southern Tamandua Born At Buffalo Zoo (PHOTOS)
Otis was born on April 7 to parents Olive and Brutus , who were imported to the zoo last August as part of a program to expand North American populations, Zooborns reports.
June 16, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Baby born in car on Interstate 95
A baby was born inside of a car on Interstate 95 North this evening, said St. Johns County Fire Rescue spokesman Lt. Bob Snell.
June 16, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Born named Swampscott boys varsity basketball coach
David Born, a veteran assistant coach who spent the last 16 years at Watertown High School, has been named the new boys varsity basketball coach at Swampscott, according to athletic director Jon Flanagan. Born started coaching in Watertown years ago,
June 13, 2013 - The Salem News
- Barack Obama in Austin American-Statesman
To all other peoples and governments who are watching today,Obama said, "from the grandest capitals to the small village where my father was born, know that America is a friend of each nation and every man, woman and child who seeks a...
- Angelina Jolie in CTV.ca
I was saddened to meet a 21-year-old woman who was born in a refugee camp, who has never even been out of the camp and is now raising her own child in a camp,Jolie said.
- Pope Benedict XVI in New York Magazine
The greatest persecution of the church doesn't come from enemies on the outside but is born from the sins within the church,Benedict said from his plane as he flew to Lisbon. "The church needs to profoundly relearn penitence, accept...