bored : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to be bored
- v make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool
- s tired of the world
bored with life
strolled through the museum with a bored air
- s uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence
the bored gaze of the successful film star
- Verne's underground hike would, have taken far less time, says Cooper, if he had simply fallen into a frictionless tunnel bored through the earth's center.
- I was going to school like usual but I was bored and had no money.
- If you're really bored and need help, go to Boredom Anonymous (members.
News & Articles
- 'Smoking' Alcohol and the Sobering Risks of Ingestion Fads
Drinkers who’re bored with alcohol in liquid form, or hoping to skip the calories, have found a way to “smoke” their favorite spirits. Vaporizing alcohol in either dry ice or through a specially made device has taken the Internet by storm, even if it is...
June 12, 2013 - ABC News via Yahoo! News
- 'Bored' beating suspect's robbery trial open to public
The trial for one of the North College Hill 'bored beating' teen suspects recently arrested again will be open to the public, a Hamilton County Juvenile Court magistrate ruled Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Why Are Nats Fans So Bored All The Time?
Between game delays (whether it be due to inclement weather or because the umpire got stuck in traffic ) and long breaks of play in between innings, it's easy to get bored at baseball games. But come on, people, this is just getting ridiculous. [ more › ]
June 11, 2013 - DCist
- Larry Sabato in International Herald Tribune
If she gives any indication that she's bored, she will literally get herself in trouble with what would otherwise be a slam dunk re-election,Sabato said.
- Simon Cowell in International Herald Tribune
It's like, you know, having dinner with three people for seven years, and getting quite bored of each other,Cowell told reporters. "So it's having a fourth person, new opinion, I think it's gonna be interesting."
- Jim Sorgi in USA Today
I should be the Maytag Repairman, the guy bored out of my mind waiting for something to do,Sorgi says. "That probably would be a pretty good fit. But I do a little more behind the scenes work than what people see. It's a great job, and...