- n a person who evokes boredom
- n a high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary)
- n diameter of a tube or gun barrel
- n a hole or passage made by a drill; usually made for exploratory purposes
- v cause to be bored
- v make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool
- v have
- v cause to be born
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- v move while holding up or supporting
- v bring forth, "The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers
- v take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- v contain or hold; have within
- v bring in
- v have on one's person
- v behave in a certain manner
he bore himself with dignity
- v have rightfully; of rights, titles, and offices
- v support or hold in a certain manner
- v be pregnant with
- When the Islamic Revolution overtook her homeland in 1979, Neshat was exiled and couldn't return until 11 years later--and the country she went home to bore little resemblance to .
- He wore a flak jacket under a camouflage shirt jacket that bore other words, one misspelled: "PLO," "Libya," "death to the Great Satin.
- You spend much of your time writing letters or diaries; you can't get your work done; all your friends decide you are a bore (mostly because you are).
- Joe Gibbs in USA Today
We've got Tony signed through '08 and '09, and we want to go full bore and win a bunch of races and championships together,Gibbs said. "Our hope is that if you do that, then long term this will be the spot he chooses to retire. But the...
- George Miller in Forbes
If you're just extending the day to bore the hell out of the child, why don't we all just all go home and save the overtime. You've got to rethink these models,said Miller, D-Calif.
- Joe Biden in ABC News
I'm not into the small bore stuff. I don't care whether or not she built a 'Bridge to Nowhere'. I don't care if she sold a plane,Biden said at a private fundraiser in Chicago. "What I care about is, What in God's name is she going to do -...