- n a tool with a sharp point and cutting edges for making holes in hard materials (usually rotating rapidly or by repeated blows)
- n similar to the mandrill but smaller and less brightly colored
- n systematic training by multiple repetitions
- n (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms
- v make a hole, especially with a pointed power or hand tool
don't drill here, there's a gas pipe
drill a hole into the wall
drill for oil
- v train in the military, e.g., in the use of weapons
- v learn by repetition
We drilled French verbs every day
- v teach by repetition
- v undergo military training or do military exercises
- The Discoverer Deep Seas drill ship sits off the coast of Louisiana as Chevron drills for oil in the Gulf of Mexico House Democrats passed a bill Tuesday night that would end a 26 .
- If you're going to "drill, drill, drill," as McCain has been saying, ANWR is where you would start.
- Looking to neutralize a key Republican campaign issue, the House majority passes legislation allowing offshore drilling.
News & Articles
- Active shooting drill today at high school
STERLING – Whiteside County law enforcement and emergency personnel will go through an active shooter drill today at Sterling High School. The drill gets under way at 1 p.m. and should wrap up by 3 or 3:30 p.m., Regional Superintendent Bob Sondgeroth said.
June 11, 2013 - SaukValley.com
- Two-minute drill: Updates on Tigers, nonupdates on Pistons and more
Welcome to the two-minute drill, which will give you a snapshot of what's going on with the Detroit Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons, Spartans and Wolverines each day.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Mundoro Commences Drill Program at Borsko Jezero Property Within the Timok Complex in Serbia
Mundoro Capital Inc. announces the commencement of the drill program at its 100% owned Borsko Jezero copper-gold property, located in Bor, Serbia. Borsko Jezero is situated within the Timok Magmatic Complex ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Washington Post (blog)
For too long, for a decade or more, there's been a cozy relationship between the oil companies and the federal agency that permits them to drill,Obama said, referring to MMS.
- Tony Hayward in The Associated Press
With respect, sir, we drill hundreds of wells a year around the world,Hayward told Republican Rep. Michael Burgess of Texas. "That's what scaring me right now."
- Sarah Palin in AFP
Let's drill, baby, drill - not stall baby, stall,said Palin, the former governor of oil-rich Alaska and the Republican Party's first female vice presidential nominees - albeit in the unsuccessful 2008 elections.