- v try to gain favor by cringing or flattering
- s attempting to win favor from influential people by flattery
- s attempting to win favor by flattery
- Even the most bootlicking appeasement cannot buy him off so why not let the British use the Irish plane and ship bases so badly needed to protect transatlantic convoys?.
- Best supporting actor: Edmond O'Brien, for his sweaty, bootlicking press agent in The Barefoot Contessa.
- There are photo ops with fawning constituents, visits from bootlicking lobbyists, calls to wealthy contributors, all lubricated by a solicitous staff.
- Ayman al-Zawahri in 940 News
Rigged elections will not save you, politics will not save you, and bargaining, bootlicking negotiations with the criminals, and political manoeuvres will not save you,a bespectacled and white-clad Ayman al-Zawahri said in the video, which...
- Rod Marinelli in DetNews.com
Oh, no. He has never, ever,Marinelli said. "He is awesome. I'm just telling you. I'm not bootlicking here or something. I mean, he's my boss. He listens, and he asks extremely good questions. He's a great listener."