awry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s turned or twisted toward one side
a...youth with a gorgeous red necktie all awry"- G.K.Chesterton
- s not functioning properly
- r away from the correct or expected course
something has gone awry in our plans
- r turned or twisted to one side
with his necktie twisted awry
- Violence can never be condoned, but something must be tremendously awry in our society if only through violence can minorities progress out of poverty .
- The complications that developed later was owing to the post operative care having gone awry.
- The negotiations went awry after it became known that one of the members had switched sides secretly.
News & Articles
- Media : WATCH: Upbeat and Offbeat Merge in Hooded Fang’s New Video “Bye Bye Land”
In the midst of their US/Canada tour, today Hooded Fang has shared their video for “ Bye Bye Land ,” a portrayal of a dance party gone awry in the depths of Guanajuato, Mexico. Enjoy at FILTERmagazine.com
June 12, 2013 - Filter Magazine
- Bride and groom zip-lining entrance goes terribly wrong
Brides love to make an entrance at their wedding reception. Unfortunately, a couple’s plan to make a memorable entrance by zip-lining to their wedding goes awry. Check out what happens in the video. …
June 12, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- A Hacker’s Workshop Flies Upward
A first attempt to fire a rocket went awry. “Relaunch!” people shouted. Next to a computer-controlled beer brewing system and whirring 3-D printers, Mayor John DeStefano deployed a glitter-streaming air-powered rocket—and set MakeHaven soaring toward a new horizon.
June 11, 2013 - New Haven Independent
- Colin Montgomerie in International Herald Tribune
Two under. I'd have taken it at the start of the day,Montgomerie said. "A 4-iron at the 10th went awry and an 8-iron, the distance was wrong on the 12th. Not much wrong with the shots."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
With the procedure for selecting the unpledged ad-on delegate having gone so awry, it seems best to solve the problem within the Democratic Party of New Mexico family,the Clinton supporters wrote in a letter to the state party chairman, Brian...
- Bruno Tonioli in RTE.ie
Judge Bruno Tonioli told Barnes: "The samba should be your dance. This is what really should suit you, but this is a little bit awry."