- s turned or twisted toward one side
- r turned or twisted to one side
rugs lying askew
- To build atmosphere, Reed has filmed much of the picture with the camera slightly askew; after a while, the angle calls too much attention to itself.
- He spots a sign hanging askew over the girls' rest room: "I want that fixed expeditiously," he snaps at a bemused janitor.
- In a weird way, they kind of smell new," Colovos says before his wife looks at him askew.
News & Articles
- Cops say theft ring targeted grocery store booze
Four felons who police said stole thousands of dollars of liquor from grocery stores across Western Washington have been charged with organized retail theft for a suspected months-long crime spree. Charles Askew, Devonte Jack, Darren Dean and Blake Kirvin conspired to steal high-end liquor from Safeways, QFCs and Top Foods, investigators said. They described the thefts as “brazen,” and the men ...
June 18, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Birmingham man faces mandatory life without parole sentence for heroin trafficking
Charles Askew Williams faces serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole in a state prison when he is sentenced in August for his conviction for trafficking a large amount of heroin. He is the brother of a man who killed himself in during the recess of an unrelated trial in Walker County in February.
June 14, 2013 - Birmingham News
- Deputies: Canandaigua man allegedly strangled person
William J. Askew, 55, of 4459 Lakeshore Drive, Canandaigua, was charged Tuesday by Ontario County sheriff’s deputies with criminal obstruction of breathing.
June 14, 2013 - Canandaigua Daily Messenger
- David Bain in Southland Times
David Bain supporter Joe Karam said today the factual basis of the documentary was "so askew as to be farcical". "About the only thing I agree with him is that the police should be called in quickly, and they should be knocking on his door...
- Diane Watson in USA Today
I thought the tone of the hearing was a little askew,said Rep. Diane Watson, a California Democrat. "I told Mr. Clemens that I didn't think it was going to be a court trial or an inquisition, but I think some of the members did go out of...
- Victor Fedeli in Daily Gleaner
I came back into my office and all my paintings are askew,Fedeli said. "You really didn't hear anything, but the entire seven-storey building shook."