aslant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s having an oblique or slanted direction
- r over or across in a slanting direction
- r at an oblique angle
the sun shone aslant into his face
- Through the rain a company of battle-seasoned Philippine Scouts slopped up toward the Bataan front, rifles aslant.
- Leaning gallantly aslant, flouncing a foamy white ruffle at her gay forefoot, her great bellying sails stretched taut aloft, Brittannia rushed past the finish buoy off .
- Starting with The Hunt for Red October (1984), his five thrillers, heavy on technology and all bearing directly or aslant on the threat of superpower confrontation, have sold 28 .