- v lie obliquely
- v present with a bias
- v to incline or bend from a vertical position
- v heel over
The ceiling is slanting
- s having an oblique or slanted direction
- Then one dawn over the Polish village of Puck a German aviator pulled his bomb release, and slanting downward through the greying light went the first missile of the war that .
- Boies' pen makes sharply slanting scratches on a critical legal brief--just one stone in a brutal, driving hail of critical briefs--that must be filed immediately on behalf of Vice .
- Photographs like that of Mount Williamson, with its tumbled granitic boulders and slanting cathedral illumination in the skyas if God had accepted Adams as his art director .
News & Articles
- Kate Gosselin Addresses Racist Photo Controversy: It Was a "Happy Memory"
Kate Gosselin says the photo of her "slanting" her eyes is not a racist gesture mocking Asians but a "happy memory" with ex-husband Jon Gosselin. Credit: JB Lacroix/WireImage
June 25, 2013 - US Weekly
- 1 killed in Catawba Co. ATV crash
Authorities are investigating a fatal all-terrain vehicle crash in Catawba County. The accident happened at about 5:30 a.m. Monday along Slanting Bridge Road near Tradewinds Drive. Investigators said the rider, 30-year-old Joseph Hall, was not wearing a helmet. No one else was injured in the crash. Anyone with information on the case should call the Highway Patrol.
June 24, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Catawba County man dies in ATV accident overnight
CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. -- A man died in an ATV accident overnight in Catawba County, according to officials. The Catawba County Sheriff’s Office received a call for service about 5:30 a.m. Monday at Slanting Bridge Road and Tradewinds Drive. When they arrived, they found 30-year-old Joseph Hall's body was cold, suggesting he had been dead for hours, said Robert Gore, a 911 dispatcher. The sheriff ...
June 24, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Keith Richards in RTE.ie
A statement on the official Rolling Stones website from Richards says: "The complete story is lost in the usual slanting." "The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now...
- Will Shields in USA Today
They were slanting guys and moving guys around,Pro Bowl guard Will Shields said. "When they hold you long enough, it makes you one-dimensional and they get to do what they do best, which is pass rush."
- Tommy Tuberville in Dothan Eagle
As coaches, you're always wondering why are they slanting this way or doing that,Tuberville said. "It's probably not happening, but it gives you peace of mind for your players and coaches."