cant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition
- n a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
- n a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves)
- n insincere talk about religion or morals
- n two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees
- v heel over
- Barack Obama in Chicago Sun-Times
What we want to do is we want to find out first from folks on the ground what is going to be most helpful,Obama said. "We don't want to solicit a bunch of canned goods that cant get there, or bottles of water and then learn that they...
- Jeff Gordon in News 10NBC
I cant remember the last time we struggled this bad,Gordon said. "I wish I had an answer for you. I just lost control of the car. We've been way off and we've got to find it because we can't go through the whole year like this."
- Peter Vermes in Washington Post
Jimmys been solid all season long, he always winds up coming up with the big saves when we need him,Vermes said. "Hes been a great addition to our team. I cant say enough about him."