- n a slight convexity (as of the surface of a road)
- n a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
- n the alignment of the wheels of a motor vehicle closer together at the bottom than at the top
- v curve upward in the middle
- In addition to its slots, it has wing flaps, which vary the camber, or apparent thickness of the wing, and (the main feature) floating ailerons, which automatically assume a .
- His plane had new features: an expanding and contracting tail, like a blackbird's, for varying loads; variable camber in the wings, so that they could flatten out like a gull's .
- The motors are two to a side, streamlined into the high- camber cantilever wing.
News & Articles
- Deerhunter's ATP Mixtape Is a Feast of Strange Pop and Avant-Garde Excellence
Deerhunter are bringing out the avant-garde big guns for their installment of the artist-curated All Tomorrow's Parties festival, which runs June 21 to 23 in Camber Sands, England. Fans of the band would be forgiven for not knowing the names and legacies of some of the experimental icons amassed for the thing — folks such as Steve Reich, Ikue Mori, and Bill Nace come to mind — but singer ...
June 7, 2013 - Spin
- Marcus Gronholm in The Dominion Post
The cambered corners encourage attacking driving but it's important not to position the car on the wrong side of the camber coming into a corner. If that happens then the car ends up sliding wide or perhaps not even making it round at all. If the... Mikko Hirvonen http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikko_Hirvonen&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFHbZ5csXFdYUbUPZVk5mTyxiKipQ AutoCorse.it http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.duemotori.com/news/rally/29172_Mikko_Hirvonen_and_Jari-Matti_Latvala_Latvala_aim_to_relight_Fords_gold_medal_bid.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHg77IQaG5D_68O9OuZC3ydPMIfHw Aug 22, 2008
14501 19756 camber The rally is quite similar to Finland but without the jumps," Gronholm said. "It's very fast but there are some slow sections with more camber on the roads. The surface is nice to drive on because it's smooth and there are no big rocks to...
- Ted Ligety in International Herald Tribune
It's pretty intimidating,Ligety said after training Friday. "It never really stops undulating all the way down. It's always turning, it's off-camber the whole way. You're tired at the bottom and you come over that last little bit and it's...