- n a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves)
- n a colorless (or pale yellow or smoky) variety of zircon
- n specialized technical terminology characteristic of a particular subject
- Physicians have long used medical jargon to impress gullible laymen.
- From Naked Shorts to TED Spreads, a quick primer on the jargon that has emerged from this recent financial crisis.
- And many a literate scientist admits to being all but stupefied by their jargon-filled contents.
News & Articles
- Containment Berms vs Duck Ponds: Four Tips on Choosing the Right Spill Containment Product by AIRE Industrial
Some odd industry jargon just sticks. The term duck ponds has recently become a moniker for containment berms, though the two terms are not always interchangeable. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/June19/2013/prweb10846380.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- Why Good Enough Is Good Enough
Users don't want to go through training, read a manual, or figure out your jargon. They want to get going. I recently spent some time with the very talented and thoughtful team at Pathful. They are developing analytical tools to help non-technical website owners determine which parts of their sites are effective (driving engagement, conversion and ultimately sales) and which parts of the site ...
June 19, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- A Simple Look at Gold’s ‘Technicals’
We’ll shun jargon today and make it as simple as we can for bulls who have patiently stood by gold since it began its long dirge nearly two years ago.
June 18, 2013 - GoldSeek.com
- Michelle Stafford in SportingNews.com
I have to memorize that jargon,Stafford said. "Pinch-hit, go-ahead single."
- Ed Balls in guardian.co.uk
Mr Balls said: "We want everyone in society to have access to, and use, financial services with confidence. Financial decisions are difficult. Financial products are complicated and there is too much jargon. This puts people off, or they can end up...
- Richard A Clarke in San Jose Mercury News
The jargon is that it is a global war on terrorism,says Richard A. Clarke, former counterterrorism czar to Presidents Bill Clinton and George HW Bush. "That is very misleading. If you do not understand what the problem is, then your...