- n the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
- n a biased way of looking at or presenting something
- n a member of a Germanic people who conquered England and merged with the Saxons and Jutes to become Anglo-Saxons
- v move or proceed at an angle
he angled his way into the room
- v to incline or bend from a vertical position
- v seek indirectly
- v fish with a hook
- v present with a bias
- One noonday last week in a thousand newspaper offices, when the automatic news tickers jangled the signal, FLASH! and copy boys raced to news desks with yellow slips reading .
- The range stretches from southwest to northeast, pretty much at a right angle to winds sweeping down from Canada.
- They had chosen to cross at a spot where the fence made a small right-angle jog, because there was a supporting post extending about halfway up the angle.
News & Articles
- Getting In On China's 'A' Game
With roughly 30 established China ETFs to choose from, it may seem that every angle for exposure to the world’s second largest economy has been explored, if not exhausted. Despite the profusion of exchange traded funds, a new one is coming that specializes in locally-listed Chinese stocks, something that could give investors an attractive alternative to what's available now.
June 18, 2013 - Forbes
- Whitlock: Get mean, LeBron
LeBron James must come up big for the Miami Heat. Jason Whitlock writes about the sports world from every angle, including those other writers can't imagine or muster courage to address. His columns are humorous, thought-provoking, agenda-free, honest and unpredictable.
June 18, 2013 - MSN
- Miami Heat Will Win Game 6 and cover point spread
Miami has lost 12 times since Jan. 10. Each time, the Heat rebounded for a victory. For the math-challenged out there, that's a 12-0 angle. For tthe betting-savvy out there, you may point out that a straight-up win is not the same as an against-the-spread win and ask what Miami's ATS record in those games was? It was also 12-0 ATS, according to the OddsShark.com NBA database . So as the Spurs ...
June 18, 2013 - SB Nation
- Jim Joyce in MLB.com
After I heard from the Tigers, who had obviously seen a replay, I asked the guy in the [video] room to cue up the play as soon as we got in,Joyce said, "and I missed it from here to that wall. I had a great angle, and I missed the call."
- Lleyton Hewitt in Washington Post
His first serve is extremely tough on any surface to get,said Hewitt, who could face a third-round showdown with four-times champion Rafael Nadal. "He gets up higher because he's hitting so short in the boxes. The angle he gets, you can't...
- Sidney Crosby in USA Today
John McCain says he is about change too, and so I guess his whole angle is: 'Watch out George Bush, except for economic policy, healthcare policy, tax policy, education policy, foreign policy and Karl Rove-style politics, we're really going to... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Chicago Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-na-campaign11-2008sep11,0,7592003.story&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE6aEAeHfuYTwoHIB7wi5--dzjK_g Sep 10, 2008
3800 5662 angled It was pretty close," said Crosby, who scored for the first time since netting a hat trick against New Jersey last month. "But I don't think it was (a high-stick). My stick was angled down. If I would have hit it a little higher up, I think...