- n any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills
the shark is a large fish
in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish
- n the flesh of fish used as food
in Japan most fish is eaten raw
after the scare about foot-and-mouth disease a lot of people started eating fish instead of meat
they have a chef who specializes in fish
- n (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Pisces
- n the twelfth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about February 19 to March 20
- v seek indirectly
fish for compliments
- v catch or try to catch fish or shellfish
I like to go fishing on weekends
- Much has been written about the benefits of fish oil for the heart.
- Our crushing appetite for carnivorous fish like salmon and tuna depletes the oceans of smaller, feeder fish, and endangers the planet's marine ecology.
- The reason fish is so good for the brain is the so-called omega-3 fatty acids it contains.
News & Articles
- Fish flies back to bug Metro Detroit
The annual fish fly invasion of lakeshore communities is under way, powered by frenzied wings and driven by nature to multiply. And they are a bit of a pain.
June 22, 2013 - Detroit News
- Mardy Fish to skip Wimbledon
Mardy Fish’s mysterious absence from the world tennis stage continues.
June 21, 2013 - Indian River Press Journal
- Fish eggs
THE SALISBURY FISH Culture Station produces nearly 9 million trout eggs a year. The hatchery raises its own fish and supplies the state’s four other hatcheries with eggs.
June 20, 2013 - The Addison County Independent
- Marquis Cooper in FOXNews
I like fighting the fish,Cooper told the newspaper. "And just relaxing out there and being alone and being outside."
- Tuan Nguyen in The Associated Press
It's a very cash-involved industry. Some of the boat captains or boat owners, they sell fish on the side of the road or directly to families. They don't have records of that,Nguyen said.
- Willie Randolph in Houston Chronicle
The big fish are out there. Santana is still out there,Mets manager Willie Randolph said. "I don't think we are necessarily out of the picture, even though Boston and the Yankees are getting most of the play on that. Who knows? It depends...