- n the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
- n sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
- n the relative importance granted to something
his opinion carries great weight
the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed
- n an artifact that is heavy
- n an oppressive feeling of heavy force
bowed down by the weight of responsibility
- n a system of units used to express the weight of something
- n a unit used to measure weight
he placed two weights in the scale pan
- n (statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
- v weight down with a load
- v present with a bias
- Doctors hate telling you to lose weight as much as you hate hearing it.
- In a series of experiments, scientists at Purdue University compared weight gain and eating habits in rats whose diets were supplemented with sweetened food containing either zero .
- Thirty minutes of moderate activity a day won't cut it if you're trying to lose weight, a new study says.
News & Articles
- Weight Loss Tips 2013: Hypnosis Can Help Overweight Women Lose Weight Fast - in Time for Summer Fun
DENVER, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tired of reading about yet another fad diet that's a surefire way to lose weight? Maybe the answer for overweight women and men is not what they eat, but what they ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Weight of soil for Zoo Interchange ramp means $1.1 million in sewer work
Weight of more than 24 feet of soil needed to support a new ramp in reconstruction of the Zoo Interchange could damage two aging regional sewers, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District officials said Monday.
June 10, 2013 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Video: Weight loss drug is "not for the last 10 pounds"
A new weight loss drug, Belviq, could be promising for some patients. Dr. Louis Aronne, of New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, explains that this medication is only for people who have complications with their weight, or are severely obese.
June 10, 2013 - CBS News
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
The weight of this crisis will not determine the destiny of this nation,Obama said in his first speech to a joint session of Congress. "Those qualities that have made America the greatest force of progress and prosperity in human history...
- St Jerome in MINA
There are rules for size and weight. : But the ball has to be perfect,he said.
- Steve Jobs in Computerworld
Just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this spring to regain it,Jobs said. "I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery."