- n an ambitious and aspiring young person
a lofty aspirant
- s desiring or striving for recognition or advancement
- An aspirant to a godly life must observe the Hindu practice of Brahmacharya, or celibacy, as a means of self-control and a way to devote all energy to public service.
- Massachusetts Senator John Kerry, a Vietnam war hero and Democratic presidential aspirant, is among those who argue that the Administration's fear of casualties and reliance on .
- Presidential Aspirant Fritz Rollings last week referred to his fellow presidential aspirant John Glenn as "this joker.
News & Articles
For immigration to work, an aspirant to American citizenship must first love America with a passion! He first must be taught by a citizen who loves America with a passion, not simply to answer a number of standard questions, composed by another “citizen” who’s not sure of the answers.
June 21, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- Keith Ellison in International Herald Tribune
The last thing we need is a misinformed presidential aspirant posturing at our expense,said Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn.
- Ravi Shankar in Daily News & Analysis
Though my first home is New Delhi and I am a citizen of India, my other home is in Encinitas near San Diego, California, which I love,said Ravi Shankar who added that he was "an aspirant to live '101 all out!"
- Sonia Sotomayor in CQPolitics.com
If we agree that change is necessary, how can a presidential aspirant, whose own financial and political ethics are questionable, be effective in leading transformation as the head of the bureaucracy? How can a leader, who is benefiting from the... Benigno Aquino III http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benigno_Aquino_III&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG4ZLTN4hTux1ZXVoGFtMwFerIKsg Manila Bulletin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/239652/noynoy-stresses-need-change&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQDyVmBxdu0F44Pr8OrTelMKgMFQ Jan 21, 2010
5877 8745 aspiration Our experiences as women and people of color affect our decisions," said Sotomayor as she argued on behalf of more women and minority judges. "The aspiration to impartiality is just that - it's an aspiration because it denies the fact that...