- v state categorically
- v to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
- v insist on having one's opinions and rights recognized
- v assert to be true
- s confidently declared to be so
the asserted value of the painting
- That is particularly true when the killer is, like Plastics Heir Antony Baekeland, an attractive and intelligent young man whose literary promise has been asserted by notables like .
- In 1999, a prominent American think tank issued a report that asserted: "Former German Chancellor Helmut Kohl's legacy is truly remarkableso much so that history will likely .
- While looking back at parts of his presidency that had fallen short, the President asserted that he wasn't feeling sorry for himself, and that to do so would be unseemly.
News & Articles
- Nitish attacks Modi, says country needs a leader who can unite, not divide
PATNA: In a veiled attack on Narendra Modi days after JD (U) split from NDA, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today asserted that the country needs a leader who can unite and not a “divisive” figure.
June 22, 2013 - INDOlink
- Virginia Politics Twitter Accounts
Democratic state lawmakers asserted Tuesday that the anti-homosexual views of Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli and his running mate E.W. Jackson will hamper the commonwealth's ability to attract businesses to the state.
June 21, 2013 - Daily Press
- ‘Out Of Control’: Fox Hosts Take On Whistleblower Claim That NSA Wiretapped Obama In 2004
On Friday, Fox & Friends tackled the recent report about Bush-era whistleblower Russell Tice — who came forward with information about warrantless wiretapping — and his claim that the NSA wiretapped President Obama back in 2004. The report demonstrates why all Americans should care about this issue, they asserted, criticizing an intelligence community that appears to be "out of control."
June 21, 2013 - Mediaite
- Dave Heineman in Guardian Unlimited
If we countenance a process where our subpoenas can be readily ignored, where a witness under a duly authorized subpoena doesn't even have to bother to show up, where privilege can be asserted on the thinnest basis and in the broadest possible... John Conyers http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Conyers&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHFi6RbfHg8t9rInDm895EN15T7jg FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Jul25/0,4670,ProsecutorsContempt,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGtCQl-2yBWQ9_D9fP3Ch-nPOdWKg Jul 25, 2007
5956 8818 asserted Today the court has asserted itself improperly as a policymaker," Heineman said. "Once again, this activist court has ignored its own precedent and the precedent set by the US Supreme Court to continue its assault on the Nebraska death...
- Karl Rove in International Herald Tribune
It's not between me and Congress. I've not asserted any personal privilege. This is between the White House and Congress,Rove said.