assigned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
- v give out
We were assigned new uniforms
- v attribute or credit to
- v select something or someone for a specific purpose
The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise
- v attribute or give
- v make undue claims to having
- v transfer one's right to
- v decide as to where something belongs in a scheme
The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class
- a appointed to a post or duty
- She based this book on the life of Bishop Jean Baptiste L'Amyshe calls him Father Latourthe French-born Ohio cleric who was assigned by the church to rebuild the faith in New .
- Thirty-two volunteers were randomly assigned an attractive or unattractive avatar (attractiveness was rated by undergrads in a survey beforehand) and instructed to look at them in .
- The controller assigned the plane a transponder code for identification as the craft flew across the Los Angeles Basin.
News & Articles
- Koonce and Megee give Coterie’s ‘Lyle the Crocodile’ its biting humor
Missy Koonce and Ron Megee direct “Lyle the Crocodile,” which runs through Aug. 4 at the Coterie Theatre, and assigned themselves attention-grabbing supporting roles. Together, they push the show’s eccentric humor to the limit.
June 24, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- All News
Wise Dan, the reigning Horse of the Year, has been assigned 128 pounds for the June 29 Firecracker Handicap at Churchill Downs.
June 23, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Churchill Downs: Wise Dan assigned 128 pounds for Firecracker Handicap
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Wise Dan has been assigned 128 pounds for the Grade 2 Firecracker Handicap at Churchill Downs, a heavy impost that Churchill racing secretary Ben Huffman evidently believes is commensurate with the gelding’s status as the reigning Horse of the Year in North America.
June 22, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
These aren't folks who are working for me,Obama said. "They are not people, you know, who I have assigned to a job in the future administration, and ultimately my assumption is that this is a discreet task that they are going to be...