- v give help or assistance; be of service
- v act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function
- v work for or be a servant to
- a having help; often used as a combining form
- A new study suggests that legalizing assisted suicide does not make the practice more common in vulnerable groups.
- Underlying the problems is the very freedom from regulation that makes assisted living so attractive.
- From left, Klaus Schaloske (Ontario, Can), Keith Fullgraf (Pennsylvania), Dennis Itha ( Illinois), winner of the assisted division, John Getchell (Alberta, Canada) and the winner .
News & Articles
- Choosing an assisted living community
It is vital for your family member that you spend a considerable amount of time researching the assisted living community before you send them to the home. It is much easier to pick a good home in the beginning than it is to choose a poor home and have to go through the many obstacles to improve the care or try to transfer your family member to another facility. read more
June 19, 2013 - Suburban
- BMA Affordable Assisted Living Community to Host Fred and His Feathered Friends Bird Show
Heritage Woods of Flora, a BMA Management affordable assisted living community in Clay County, Illinois, is hosting the Fred and His Feathered Friends Bird Show on June 21. The community serves seniors of all incomes, including those on Medicaid. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Assisted-Living/Flora-Illinois/prweb10840767.htm
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Miami assisted living facility ordered closed
Health officials are closing an assisted living facility in Miami where caregivers are accused of tying an elderly woman to a wheelchair.
June 17, 2013 - WINK TV Southwest Florida
- Paul Byrd in PhillySportsline
The Indians, my coaches and MLB have known that I have had a pituitary gland issue for some time and have assisted me in getting blood tests in different states,Byrd said in the interview.
- Mike McConnell in International Herald Tribune
In acknowledging the role of the telecommunications companies in the program, McConnell said that "under the president's program, the terrorist surveillance program, the private sector had assisted us. Because if you're going to get access you've...
- Lam Akol in Washington Post
What we have agreed upon is that the force should remain African and it be assisted by the United Nations,Akol told reporters Saturday. "There is no way the main fighting force would be a mixed one."