- n a resource
visual aids in teaching
- n the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
rescue party went to their aid
- n money to support a worthy person or cause
- n the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
- v give help or assistance; be of service
- v improve the condition of
- Iraqi women reach out to receive humanitarian aid.
- THE BEST OFFER Lisa Hanon turned down Princeton because their aid package didn't approach the one Ursinus College tendered.
- Many relief organizations have set up Websites to take donations for aid to victims of the South Asia tsunami.
- President Bush in Earthtimes (press release)
The United States has made an initial aid contribution, but we want to do a lot more,Bush said. "We are prepared to move US Navy assets to help find those who have lost their lives, to help find the missing, to help stabilize the...
- John McCain in New York Times
I would ask that each one of us commit to join together to aid those in need as quickly as possible,said Mrs. McCain, whose husband visited an emergency center in Ohio earlier in the day.
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in CBS News
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told Turkish lawmakers "this bloody massacre by Israel on ships that were taking humanitarian aid to Gaza deserves every kind of curse."