- n the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others
- n the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
the old car needs constant attention
- n a general interest that leads people to want to know more
She was the center of attention
- n a courteous act indicating affection
she tried to win his heart with her many attentions
- n the faculty or power of mental concentration
keeping track of all the details requires your complete attention
- n a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review
the troops stood at attention
- A new study suggests that idly doodling during meetings or boring lectures helps people pay attention and retain more information.
- Winifred Gallagher's Rapt explains how what you pay attention to dictates the quality of your life.
- Doctors say huge numbers of kids and adults have attention deficit disorder.
News & Articles
- As U.S. Open nears finish, attention turning back to Pinehurst
ARDMORE, Pa. - After the final putt drops at Merion Golf Club today, attention will begin to focus on Pinehurst for the historic back-to-back U.S. Open and U.S. Women's Open next year.
June 16, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Energy Efficiency Gets More And Less Attention
Energy efficiency is attracting more attention from global decision makers than it did a few years ago, according to a new survey.
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Attention turns to vote-counting on immigration
Backers of far-reaching immigration legislation are turning their attention to courting support and counting votes after the Senate pushed the contentious bill over early procedural hurdles. Two votes ...
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Jean-Claude Trichet in BusinessWeek
We have the feeling -- but we will continue to observe that with great attention -- that what is needed in terms of level of interventions on our part has been progressively diminishing,Trichet said.
- FrÃ©dÃ©ric Mitterrand in guardian.co.uk
Mitterrand said he was in contact with the French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, "who is following the case with great attention and shares the minister's hope that the situation can be quickly resolved".
- Paris Hilton in CNN International
I must also say that I was shocked to see all of the attention devoted to the amount of time I would spend in jail for what I had done by the media, public and city officials,Hilton said in the Saturday statement. "I would hope going...