- n the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
- v have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined
- v have care of or look after
- v manage or run
- s (usually followed by `to') naturally disposed toward
- Epileptoid types: tending to have epileptic convulsions, hysterical fits, sudden bursts of temper, head aches (migraine); diseases of the brain itself and of the ductless glands .
- You go to work past a house where a teenager lives alone tending young siblings without any source of income.
- Curious tourists had to make do with official photographs of Pu Yi tending his plants.
News & Articles
- Opinion column: Make that a double!
When The Tobacco Company opened its doors in 1976, the art of tending bar was a foreign skill in Richmond. Liquor by the drink had only recently been passed, and few establishments had begun serving d
June 12, 2013 - Midlothian Exchange
- Glenwood Springs pizzeria Russo's orders up extra space
Kelley Cox / Post Independent Frank Schiavone, owner of Russo's Pizza, can sometimes be found tending bar at his newly expanded business in Glenwood Meadows.
June 12, 2013 - Glenwood Springs Post Independent
- Cleaning up around Nacogdoches
Members and youth of Nacogdoches First Church of The Nazarene and Dream Center, work together to clean up the playground Tuesday at Pecan Park. The two groups will be working around Nacogdoches all week to clean-up and give a lending hand to several places that need tending to. They had about 60 people out working in different places Tuesday, and will have four groups a day for the rest of the ...
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- Theo Epstein in New York Times
He told us he's not going to be there and he's tending to his mother, and we believe him,Epstein said.
- David Stern in International Herald Tribune
I would say that we don't ever like to leave a city,Stern said. "We don't like to leave a city as robust as Seattle, but the Asian cities that we're tending to focus more on have names like Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong and Guangzhou....
- Stephen Roach in BusinessWeek
We're lashing out at China rather than tending to our own business,which is raising US savings, Roach said.