- a aggressively self-assured
an energetic assertive boy who was always ready to argue
pointing directly at a listener is an assertive act
- Non-assertiveness takes a variety of forms.
- PTI: Do you agree that Iran is playing a more assertive role in the Middle East, at the expense of moderate states like Egypt? Mubarak: It is not "how assertive" a certain role .
- PTI: But you said in the book that the CIA was in some places more assertive with the President than it was elsewhere TENET: I think that we were more assertive on aluminum tubes.
News & Articles
- Qatar leadership change would herald little shift in policy
By Regan Doherty DOHA (Reuters) - A planned leadership change that could see Qatar's U.S.-allied Emir eventually ceding power to his son is unlikely to change the Gulf state's taste for bold investments overseas and assertive support for Arab Spring revolts. Analysts say Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim will probably pursue the policies of his father, under whose rule the U.S.-allied gas exporter has ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Dwight Howard Must Take Shaquille O'Neal's Advice to Heart
It's no secret that Los Angeles Lakers star Dwight Howard needs to become a more assertive presence on the court, but now his lackluster play in season No. 1 with the Lake Show is drawing criticism from a player who was in his shoes a decade ago. On Tuesday, Shaquille O'Neal called out Howard on "The Max and Marcellus Show" on ESPNLA 710, claiming that Howard is "too nice" and that teams ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- CMO Council Calls for Chief Marketers to Become Chief Experience Officers
Chief marketing officers must own the customer experience and become more assertive in aligning all corporate functional areas in meeting the needs of today's fickle consumers argues the Chief Marketing ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Ehud Barak in Washington Post
Defense Minister Ehud Barak told Netanyahu and other cabinet ministers after the flotilla raid that Israel needs a "daring and assertive political initiative" to rescue it from its international isolation, the daily Haaretz newspaper reported.
- Barney Frank in International Herald Tribune
He's going to have to be more assertive than he's been,House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank, D-Mass., told consumer advocates Thursday.
- Barack Obama in The Age
Mr Obama began: "We are fighting two wars. Old conflicts remain unresolved, and newly assertive powers have put strains on the international system. The spread of nuclear weapons raises the peril that the world's deadliest technology could fall into...