- n an ambitious and aspiring young person
two executive hopefuls joined the firm
- a having or manifesting hope
a line of people hopeful of obtaining tickets
found a hopeful way of attacking the problem
- s full or promise
a hopeful new singer on Broadway
- When I work with a classroom full of kids, I can see that reading the magazine makes them feel smart, confident and more hopeful about finding their place in the world.
- The atmosphere was tense, hopeful and confused--just the way Farrakhan likes it to be.
- PTI Photographer Callie Shell travels with the Democratic hopeful for an intimate look at his bid for the Presidency.
News & Articles
- Hopeful Week In Afghanistan Turns Sour
The Obama administration sounded a hopeful note on Afghanistan earlier this week. It was announced that Afghan forces had taken the lead on security and that the Taliban was opening an office in Qatar, giving hope for renewed peace talks. Within hours, a Taliban attack killed four Americans and Afghan officials called off their talks with the U.S. Renee Montagne talks Alissa Rubin, Kabul bureau ...
June 20, 2013 - NPR
- Remember Mitt Romney's (proposed) garage with the elevator? It's back
Ann Romney, a first lady hopeful roughly a half year ago, stepped to a microphone this week in San Diego in a different kind of forum from the ones to which she grew accustomed during the 2012 presidential contest. She said nothing about the power of female voters or restoring faith in government. Instead, she had a bone to pick with city officials.
June 20, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- U.S.-Taliban Peace Talks: a Pessimistic yet Hopeful View
COMMENTARY | As the United States and the Taliban near the start of peace talks, I find myself pessimistic yet hopeful for change.
June 20, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! News