aspiring : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal
- s desiring or striving for recognition or advancement
- In 1980, when Obama was a freshman at Occidental College in Los Angeles, he was approached by an aspiring photographer named Lisa Jack, who asked him if he would be willing to pose .
- That Sunday the aspiring artist, 23, slipped into the water to snorkel her way back to the cabin.
- I was a young, aspiring novelist in Hong Kong then, and what I felt was: Finally.
News & Articles
- Aspiring authors talk self-publishing, creativity
CHARLES TOWN - A love for words and a desire to connect with readers is what unites a group of local, aspiring writers who meet weekly at Jumpin' Java to discuss their writing projects and to receive feedback.
June 24, 2013 - The Martinsburg Journal
- New York Jets: 5 Players Firmly on the Roster Bubble
Making an NFL 53-man roster is one of the most rewarding experiences for an aspiring football player, but it is also the most challenging. Thousands upon thousands of former college football stars over the years have attempted to reach the professional level and failed. Even though the New York Jets lack the talent of a traditional playoff contender, it will be incredibly difficult for many of ...
June 24, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- MSU launches free online writing course
Michigan State University is looking to help aspiring and practicing writers with its first free online course in the humanities.
June 23, 2013 - WOOD TV 8 Grand Rapids
- Ehud Olmert in International Herald Tribune
Iran openly, explicitly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map,Olmert said. "Can you say that this is the same level, when you are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel, Russia?"
- Usain Bolt in International Herald Tribune
I'm shocked - I'm still shocked,Bolt said. "I have been aspiring to the world record for so long. got out good, I ran the corner as hard as possible, and once I entered the straight told myself to keep it up, don't die on me now."
- Terry Francona in San Francisco Chronicle
He came here at a time when we were aspiring to win a World Series and he was as big a part of it as anybody,Francona said. "That stuff with the sock, that wasn't fake. This guy would pitch and he pitched some unbelievably big games."