- n that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law
he feels that you are in the wrong
- n any harm or injury resulting from a violation of a legal right
- v treat unjustly; do wrong to
- a not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth
the report in the paper is wrong
your information is wrong
the clock showed the wrong time
found themselves on the wrong road
based on the wrong assumptions
- a contrary to conscience or morality or law
it is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor
cheating is wrong
it is wrong to lie
- s not appropriate for a purpose or occasion
said all the wrong things
- s not functioning properly
something is wrong with the engine
- a based on or acting or judging in error
it is wrong to think that way
- s not in accord with established usage or procedure
the wrong medicine
the wrong way to shuck clams
- s used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward
socks worn wrong side out
- s badly timed
it was the wrong moment for a joke
- s characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules; the wrong side of the road"
- r in an inaccurate manner
she guessed wrong
- Styles change but insecurity remains constant we are willing to believe we're wearing the wrong bra size because, surely, something must be wrong.
- Pundits and politicians have admitted to being wrong about Iraq.
- Adolescent anger is an assertion, and the assertion is: I am not wrong about myself.
News & Articles
- Wrong-way driver on U.S. 30 prompts 911 calls
A wrong-way driver on U.S. 30 in Hancock County prompted several motorists to make emergency calls to the Hancock County Sheriff's Office on Thursday night.
June 15, 2013 - The Findlay Courier
- Wrong-way driver cited in Hancock Co.
WILLIAMSTOWN, Ohio — A 46-year-old female driver from Ada, Ohio, was accused of driving the wrong way on U.S. 30 near U.S. 68 in southern Hancock County on Thursday night. Peggy Gibson was cited by a Hancock County sheriff’s deputy for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and for driving in the wrong lane.
June 15, 2013 - The Toledo Blade
- Wrong way driver hits motorcycle deputy in Everett
Police say a driver was going the wrong way before hitting a Snohomish County Sheriff’s deputy. It happened late Thursday morning at 112th Street SW and Evergreen Way. Everett Police say the deputy was in the process of pulling someone else over when he was hit. All those involved had non life-threatening injuries. It was not immediately clear what charges the wrong way driver might face.
June 13, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Barack Obama in Voice of America
To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist,Mandela said.
- Walt Disney in Bloomberg
We believe this verdict is fundamentally wrong and will aggressively seek to have it reversed,Disney said in an e- mailed statement.
- Maggie Gallagher in The Associated Press
It's not surprising that this judge got it wrong, because a sham defense was put up by the Obama Justice Department,said Maggie Gallagher, chairman of the National Organization for Marriage.