- a not suitable or right or appropriate
slightly improper to dine alone with a married man
improper attire for the golf course
- s not conforming to legality, moral law, or social convention
improper banking practices
- s not appropriate for a purpose or occasion
- DeConcini hosted a high-level meeting at which he outlined Keating's demands, which gave an "appearance of being improper" in the eyes of the ethics panel.
- Another big problem: improper holding temperatures (22% of restaurants kept food either not hot enough or not cold enough), which can potentially lead to bacteria festering in .
- And while all this fuss about his potentially improper involvement in pardon-seeking has Hugh blinking like a none-too-swift deer caught in exceptionally bright headlights, this 50 .
News & Articles
- NCAA opens key hearing on Miami violations
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The NCAA opened a key hearing in the massive infractions case against the University of Miami on Thursday, with school officials, former coaches and the ACC commissioner on hand to defend the Hurricanes against allegations that could bring severe sanctions in the improper benefits case involving former booster Nevin Shapiro.
June 17, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Cedar Hill teacher arrested for improper relationship with student
CEDAR HILL — A former science teacher at Cedar Hill ISD's alternative school was arrested Thursday for allegedly having an improper relationship with a student. Shannon Parks was arrested at her Grand Prairie home on one charge of improper relationship with a student. Parks had been employed by Cedar Hill ISD since February, and passed a criminal background check before she was hired, according ...
June 15, 2013 - WFAA Dallas-Fort Worth
- Ex-coach pleads guilty to accepting improper compensation
OBERLIN — Former Marion L. Steele High School boys’ baseball coach Al McConihe pleaded guilty Friday to accepting improper compensation at Oberlin Municipal Court, although the charge could be dismissed later if he completes a diversion program. McConihe was charged after accepting four Kalahari water park tickets by a supplier of athletic equipment in 2007 [...] The post Ex-coach pleads guilty ...
June 15, 2013 - The Chronicle-Telegram
- Harry Reid in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Reid said in a statement: "I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologise for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments."
- John McCain in Christian Science Monitor
Yesterday, Senator Ted Stevens was found guilty of corruption,McCain said in a statement. "It is a sign of the health of our democracy that the people continue to hold their representatives to account for improper or illegal conduct, but...
- Roger Clemens in USA Today
As for the Daily News story that said Clemens was 28 when he began in improper relationship with McCready, Clemens said: "Now, I have been accused of having an improper relationship with a 15-year-old girl. Nothing could be further from the truth....