- v make right or correct
- v make reparations or amends for
- v censure severely
- v adjust for
engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance
- v punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience
- v go down in value
the stock market corrected
- v alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard
correct the alignment of the front wheels
- v treat a defect
The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia
- a free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth
the correct answer
the correct version
- s socially right or correct
- s in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure
- a correct in opinion or judgment
- Cavities ((correct)), nearsightedness ((correct)) and I think a missing patellar reflex might indicate what Grandma used to call 'housemaid's knee' ((wrong)).
- Another legacy of the Soviet Union's utter disregard for the environment Stalin once boasted that he could correct nature's mistakes Sumgayit's many factories, while they .
- But historically, it doesn't have to correct, and that's what these seasonal patterns show following big runs in the summertime, the stock market does not, on average, turn .
- Harry Reid in Politico
While the President is correct that people saving for college need to be fiscally responsible, the President needs to lay off Las Vegas and stop making it the poster child for where people shouldn't be spending their money,Reid said in a...
- Jimmy Carter in Reuters UK
I'm also troubled by, not what Senator McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said such things as, 'Well, you know that Mr Obama is a Muslim'. Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim, he's a... Colin Powell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Powell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFIrHcfmI_Gztl083HUxg5wd3fpzg Irish Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/front/2008/1020/1224454388518.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJrb6M7BaGJY5u_9tMSCAKNcIuAA Oct 19, 2008
22541 30229 correct One of the defences of the Bush administration in America and worldwide...... has been: 'Okay, we must be more correct in our actions than the world thinks because Great Britain is backing us,'" Carter said. "I think the combination of Bush...