- n a sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury
- n act of correcting an error or a fault or an evil
- v make reparations or amends for
- Linda devoted most of her life to civil rights activities that tried to redress the indignities that she and so many others people had suffered.
- The new government made some efforts to redress the complaints of victims of the older regime.
- Although Chvez is out to redress the chasm between rich and poor in Latin America, critics say he disdains democracy, noting the mass firings of public employees who had signed .
News & Articles
- haart Welcomes Calls For Mandatory Redress Scheme For Lettings
haart has welcomed moves to introduce a Mandatory Redress Scheme for the whole lettings industry. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/estate/agent/prweb10827205.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Opportunity Nation: Help young Americans reach economic mobility
In our democracy, we teach our children to speak up for themselves. We sign petitions, attend school board meetings, slap bumper stickers on our cars. We vote. Every day, millions of Americans exercise their cherished constitutional rights in ways large and small — our freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and the freedom to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
June 11, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Gordon Brown in Earthtimes (press release)
We must act to redress the balance of risks, rewards and responsibility between society and the financial sector,British Prime Minister Gordon Brown wrote in a letter to fellow EU leaders.
- Yar Adua in Washington Post
We acknowledge that our elections were not perfect and had lapses and shortcomings. However, we have well established legal avenues of redress and I urge anyone aggrieved to pursue them,Yar'Adua said to applause. "I also believe that out...
- Rebiya Kadeer in AFP
We hope the White House will issue a stronger statement urging the Chinese government to show restraint, and also to tell the truth of the nature of the events and what happened, and to tell the Chinese government to redress Uighur grievances,...